Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:39:06 +0000
From:      Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tomcat port

* Ernst de Haan <znerd@freebsd.org> [011120 09:50]:
> > STR I had to edit the first couple of lines in
> > /usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat.sh as well...
>
> This is something that the port itself should do. Could you please confirm
> that this is so, and if it is, send a PR using send-pr?

It doesn't - and it doesn't accept anything like JAVA_DIR either.

I'll have a go at tweaking it on a day when our network isn't
doing a good impression of a yo-yo....

(First guess would be read JAVADIR/JAVA_HOME then edit the appropriate lines
in the post-install target of the port to set JAVA_HOME in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat.sh accordingly....)

--
Just go with the flow control, roll with the crunches, and, when you
get a prompt, type like hell.