Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 2000 19:39:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jmslivko@msn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pine 4.30

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Jonathan M. Slivko wrote:

> According to this list, there is a new version of UW Pine, version 4.30. I'm wondering: Does this new version fix the problem that made the committing team (Kris Kennaway in particular) mark the port as forbidden? I would like to know so I can get the fixed version and offer it to my users instead of elm, etc. that I am offering now. Thanks. -- Jonathan M. Slivko___________________________________________________________

The forbidden marking was due to the general bad coding style of
pine.  This has not changed sufficiently with 4.30.

However, there are no (publically) known security issues with the
latest 4.21 from ports or 4.30.

So, the question of whether it's safe or not depends on your level of
paranoia.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack