Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 22:39:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Albert D. Cahalan" <acahalan@cs.uml.edu>
To:        sprice@hiwaay.net (Steve Price)
Cc:        acahalan@cs.uml.edu (Albert D. Cahalan), freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Regarding New FreeBSD BenchMark From Sysadmin Mag (left out a fiew tuning options)

Steve Price writes:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 10:05:00PM -0400, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

>> It's bad enough that a tuned FreeBSD box still collapses under load,
>> while the untuned Linux box doesn't.
> [snip]
>
> Is this a troll?!  In my experience the exact opposite is true.
> Of course YMMV depending on your "religious" views.

You tell me what this looks like, remembering that the first graph
shows time (lower is better) and the second shows mails/hour.

http://www.sysadminmag.com/articles/2001/0108/0108q/0108q_f2.htm
http://www.sysadminmag.com/articles/2001/0108/0108q/0108q_f3.htm

Ah, never mind the untuned Linux box. Check out the untuned
Windows 2000 box beating the tuned FreeBSD box.

If pointing out the obvious is a troll, well gee...