Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 1996 22:10:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt of the Long Red Hair <mattp@conundrum.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   MD5 Crack code

Someone posted something recently asking for MD5 code for Crack.  I've got
a hundred or so users on my system here, and would like to be running crack
every once in a while on my passwd file.  I'm working under the assumption
that somebody, sometime, will eventually get a copy of my master.passwd file.
I figure I might as well crack my users' passwords before someone else gets
the chance.

Does anyone out there have a patch or even full source code for a Crack
capable of dealing with FreeBSD's MD5 passwd files?

Thanks in advance...
   Matt

          EMail: mattp@conundrum.com (MP1229)          | "Sometime they will
          Home Page: http://www.io.org/~mattp          | give a war and
                                                       | nobody will come."
       Children's International Summer Villages        |
       Home Page: http://www.io.org/~mattp/CISV        |      - Carl Sandburg