Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:40:01 GMT
From:      Andrew Fremantle <andrew@skyhawk.ca>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/156596: [ehci] Extremely high interrupt rate on ehci/uhci IRQ16 80% cpu utilization on CPU0

The following reply was made to PR usb/156596; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Fremantle <andrew@skyhawk.ca>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, daynejordan@gmail.com
Subject: Re: usb/156596: [ehci] Extremely high interrupt rate on ehci/uhci
 IRQ16 80% cpu utilization on CPU0
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 03:33:02 -0700

 --047d7b10d1b7998c1c04db18d35b

 Based on the fact this only seems to happen on Intel Core architecture
 machines, I think this issue may be miscategorized.

 In my case, the flooding starts when I yank the VGA cable from the back of
 the machine. vgapci0 shares irq16 with ehci0 in every example of this issue
 i've been able to find.

 The forum thread on this issue may make for relevant reading:

 --047d7b10d1b7998c1c04db18d35b

 ntel Core architecture machines, I think this issue may be miscategorized.<=
 br><br></div>In my case, the flooding starts when I yank the VGA cable from=
  the back of the machine. vgapci0 shares irq16 with ehci0 in every example =
 of this issue i&#39;ve been able to find.<br>
 href=3D"http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=3D24952">http://forums.f=

 --047d7b10d1b7998c1c04db18d35b--