Date:      Sun, 7 May 2000 19:02:05 +0200
From:      Dave Boers <djb@ifa.au.dk>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, djb@ifa.au.dk, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hlt instructions and temperature issues

On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 10:29:18AM -0600, Steve Passe wrote:
> I just ran dmesg on my asus p2b-ds, FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT #0: Mon Feb 14, 2000
> and saw this:
>
> stray irq 7
> stray irq 7
> stray irq 7
> stray irq 7
> stray irq 7
> too many stray irq 7's; not logging any more

That's exactly the same as what occurred here. They didn't occur until I
added the hlt instruction; but now I've physically removed the UDMA66
drive, I disabled the (Highpoint) interface and PIIX4 in the bios, and I
removed the ata driver from my kernel and guess what? The stray irq7's are
gone! Not a single one in dmesg, and uptime is 17 hours. The hlt
instruction is still there.

    Regards,

	Dave.

--
 djb@ifa.au.dk                             d.j.boers@tn.utwente.nl
 In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is murdered for heresy