Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 22:02:59 -0500
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        "Albert D. Cahalan" <acahalan@cs.uml.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Regarding New FreeBSD BenchMark From Sysadmin Mag (left out a fiew tuning options)

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 10:39:15PM -0400, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

> You tell me what this looks like, remembering that the first graph
> shows time (lower is better) and the second shows mails/hour.
>
> http://www.sysadminmag.com/articles/2001/0108/0108q/0108q_f2.htm
> http://www.sysadminmag.com/articles/2001/0108/0108q/0108q_f3.htm
>
> Ah, never mind the untuned Linux box. Check out the untuned
> Windows 2000 box beating the tuned FreeBSD box.
>
> If pointing out the obvious is a troll, well gee...

Right and Microsoft has sold the world that their OS is the
best and have plenty of charts to prove it, yet day after
day companies realize that Windows doesn't scale as Microsoft
would have them believe.  You can take whatever someone has
the gall to publish as gospel.  I'll take what I've seen in
the real world and not some tests by what might be another
biased company looking to make it "gold" with the fad called
Linux.

-steve