Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 2006 17:56:21 -0500
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@phaedrus.sandvine.ca>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dimitry@andric.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_6: serial console drops back from 115200 to 9600 baud

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 10:55:01PM +0100, Dimitry Andric wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I believe this MFC commit:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/boot/i386/libi386/comconsole.c?rev=1.10.10.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
> broke the speed-setting of the serial console at boot time, for RELENG_6.
>
> At least for me, it doesn't set the speed to 115200 (as specified in
> make.conf) anymore, it always stays at 9600, even when I put
> comconsole_speed=115200 in loader.conf.

The way this is supposed to work is that you can put -S<speed>
in /boot.config, which gets used by boot2, and the loader then
detects that the serial console is already in use and defaults
to the existing speed.

comconsole_speed="115200" in loader.conf should override it
if you don't want to replace boot2 or change /boot.config.

I'm looking into it now.

-ed