Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:37:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@pechter.dyndns.org>
To:        jeroen@vangelderen.org (Jeroen C. van Gelderen), security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Disabling FTP (was Re: Why not sandbox BIND?)

> People expect UNIX to be secure, so this argument doesn't really
> hold, does it?
>
> Hmm, makes me think: does Solaris ship with ftpd enabled by default?
>
> Cheers,
> Jeroen
> --
> Jeroen C. van Gelderen - jeroen@vangelderen.org
> Interesting read: http://www.vcnet.com/bms/ JLF

Solaris not only ships with ftpd enabled, it alllows ftp connections
from root (no ftpusers) by default.  (Found this out on my install
of Solaris 7 Server 8/99 last week).  8-)

Bill
---
  bpechter@shell.monmouth.com|pechter@pechter.dyndns.org
      Three things never anger: First, the one who runs your DEC,
      The one who does Field Service and the one who signs your check.