Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 2003 21:22:00 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freebsdfoundation.org>
To:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>, John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        bod@freebsdfoundation.org, brian@collab.net, calvin.austin@sun.com, rwatson@freesbsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patchset 2 report (billh's resignation)

> It should be renamed "Bill's Punk Pock Anal Invasion of Psychological
> Supressives". Coming soon to a gay porn section of your local video
> store.

Bill,

The FreeBSD Foundation is a corporation.  It is not politically affiliated
with anyone.  The Foundation decided to expedite the completion of a
binary release of the 1.4.1 JDK and JRE that FreeBSD users could easily
install.  It chose Alexey to aid in that goal and gave him full permission to
release any SASL based work back to the FreeBSD Java effort.  We could have
easily switched to using Sun partner only sources and completed this all
in a back room, and considering your reaction that might have been
much, much easier.  Instead we decided to share this funded work with
the community so that it could be incorperated into other ports for
other platforms.  That's the whole story.  No conspiracies.  No politics.
Just three guys running a non-profit in their spare time, funding things
they feel will benefit the FreeBSD community.  If you don't like what the
Foundation is doing, don't send us any donations.  It's really that simple.

--
Justin

Justin T. Gibbs
Secretary/Treasurer