Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:41:51 +0300
From:      ANdrei <andrei@abc.ro>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Randy Lee <bl33z@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: ipfw - DoS ?

anyhow, answering how to deny:

  deny ip from any to any 3072

or (a bit different and in the rc.firewall-file format):

  ${fwcmd} add <nr_of_rule> unreach net all from any to any 3072

this answers to icmp  "net unreacheable"...

but it's better you choose an closed policy for default, and then you
configure your firewall to pass through only what you want...
maybe i'm wrong, but i guess this is best to do...

aloha,
ANdrei

> > Is someone is DoS'ing my server ?
> >
> > How can i deny all connection from port :3072 and
> > :1024 using ipfw ?
>
> I think it's useless to block non-listening ports
> So it's certainly a port scan. Don't worry about it.

"I live in my own little world - but it's ok, they know me here!"