Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 00:58:09 -0700
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        rotel@indigo.ie
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPro vs PII

Niall Smart wrote:

> On Jun 29,  4:18pm, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> } Subject: Re: PPro vs PII
> >
> > It also doesn't address price/performance considerations.  I went
> > with a dual PPro system simply because I stumbled upon a great
> > deal.  On the other hand, I got that great deal because PPro's
>
> any left?

Lots and lots.

www.pricewatch.com will point you at plenty.

Intel Providence board with integrated 2940UW, 10/100 EtherExpress
and sound ~= $99. Various places, or www.compgeeks.com.

Micron W6-Li in various configurations from $59 to $150 (www.onsale.com
have a load).

128Mb ECC EDO DIMM (buffered, to suit 440FX) ~= $170.

PPro 180/256 ~= $99 each.

PPro 166/512 ~= $145 each.

Bought my 166s new, OEM from Micro-Xpress, running perfectly happily
@ 233Mhz :=)

HTH,

AS