Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:22:03 +0300 (EAT)
From:      Sematimba Noah Kevin <ksemat@wawa.eahd.or.ug>
To:        Tom Wiebe <twiebe@mac.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Secondary Mail Server??

> For those of you that haven't heard of SIMS, it's a great little email
> server, offering POP and SMTP with really strong anti-spam features and a
> very powerful router that is incredibly easy to set up and administer. It
> runs only on Classic Mac OS and Stalker has no plans to upgrade it at this
> time to run on OS X or any other flavour of Unix.

All of which one can get with say Postfix or qmail running against an
LDAP/MYSQL/POSTGRESQL etc database for authentication, courier-imap for
pop3 and IMAP access or even qmail-pop3d etc and any one of the hundreds
of php scripts avilable on freshmeat.net for managing your mail server not
to mention the wonderful world of webmin for those who really prefer web
based management. Personally I still love my old black and white screen.

Noah.