Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 1996 14:09:33 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        marc@bowtie.nl, pst@shockwave.com, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WARNING: proposed change to samba port

Jordan K. Hubbard stands accused of saying:

> That's actually kind of a bogus argument.  By those rights, we've have
> everything from /usr/local/bash to /usr/local/emacs!  Where does one draw
> the line?  By size?  I don't think so since that would only lead to a
> hodge-podge of ports with everyone's differing opinions of which ones were
> "big enough to get their own hierarchy"

/usr/local/packages/samba

ln -s /usr/local/packages/samba/bin/smbd /usr/local/libexec/smbd

I'd much prefer to have a farm of stale symlinks than try to pick
the teeth of /usr/local.

However, I'm aware we have a philosophy, so we might as well stick to it.

>                     Jordan

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[