Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 07:48:38 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "SILVER, MICHAEL A" <MSILVER@scana.com>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: AMD Duron

Quite apart from all the dual-booting WinWhatever issues, the (FreeBSD 3.2)
news server episode here is a fair example of why I have no time for AMD ...
everything but the CPU was replaced several times over (with various breeds
of component readily available in OZ) without making the slightest
difference .... it was only when the AMD was replaced by an Intel that the
machine functioned for more than a day without crashing . Maybe its possible
to eventually find a combination of bits that do work properly with AMD but
I've got more than enough things to do than mess around with that nonsense.