Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 07:30:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Larry Rosenman" <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/10282: PCMCIA problems in 3.1-RELEASE?

The following reply was made to PR i386/10282; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Larry Rosenman" <ler@lerctr.org>
To: <freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org>, <groves@amug.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 09:26:42 -0600

 I'm also seeing similar stuff on a Satellite 4005CDS.  I can get the
 3C589D to run with the ZP0 driver (no generic PCMCIA support), however
 trying to get the 3C589D to run with generic PCCARDD I get
 30 SECOND pings from other boxes on the network to this box.

 I see 4 slots detected (I defined pcic0 only), and this box has only 2 slots.

 The PCMCIA stuff is recognized, as I can use the PCMCIA 3CXM056-BNW
 V.90 modem with PPP.  So at the moment I have a choice:

 1) boot generic kernel and not have access to the modem
 2) boot my custom kernel and not have Ethernet

 I'm willing to work with y'all to help fix this.

 This is with 3.1-RELEASE.

 Phone: +1 972 414 9812 (voice)       Internet: ler@lerctr.org