Date:      Thu, 05 Sep 1996 07:43:23 -0400
From:      fbsd-isp@launchpad.win.net (Joe Mays - freebsd-isp)
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone using ccd (FreeBSD disk striper) for news

>> I want a DPT driver for FreeBSD...  if I had money, I would PAY someone to
>> do it...  but I don't have money.  :-(
>
>Say...  How much do you figure we can all raise?  I might be able to throw
>in $250 to $500.  (Dunno really, I'd have to convince my boss, and the
>fact that Linux and BSDI already have drivers is a strike against that...)

I was just discussing the possibility of paying someone to develop
one with my boss last week.  We're certainly open to the idea
here.  To my mind the lack of any real RAID solution for FreeBSD is
the biggest flaw with the OS.  If this is a serious suggestion we
would be very open to pitching in.

Joe Mays