Date:      Sun, 02 Jul 2000 00:46:45 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        Sean Lutner <sean@rentul.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dc19 fructration.

> > > Yes, Sun Support is expensive. Yes, FreeBSD support is free. Yes, =
I'd
> > > rather pay and have my production machine back running in hours ra=
ther
> > > than wait out a mailing list for days. I don't mean for this to be=
> > > flame. I love FreeBSD. If I could have a few key software products=
> > can
> > > get for Solaris for FreeBSD, my production envoronment would be
> > > FreeBSD. Knocking Solaris was out of line (imho).
> >

> > Dear Sean Lutner,
> >
> > I have only had a superficial look at this thread; yet I seem to
> > understand that the specific problem was solved (with)in a couple (!=
)
> > of days (NOT weeks).
> >
> > AFAIR, there is commercial FreeBSD support available somewhere
> > (FreeBSD Mall ? Others ?). If you will pay in order to have your
> > production machines back running in [a] few hours rather than in a
> > couple of days, you can hire excellent technicians, cant'you ? :-)
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Salvo

> If you go back and reread the thread, I didn't say weeks, I said
> days.

Sorry, I should have been more explicit.
=20
I wish I had specified the following points in more detail:

1) the free mailing list support was able to fix the problem in a=20
couple of days (not weeks: this is a general remark, NOT related to=20
what you said);  this free support is often excellent; =20

2) in the final sentence, I indicated that one might solve=20
(particular/specific emergency) problems in a few hours rather than a=20
couple of days (days: what you had said) by hiring FreeBSD experts.

I did not mean to criticize the mailing list support in the least,=20
either. I simply wished to recall a further possibility, which may be=20
useful or handy under special circumstances.

Best regards,
Salvo