Date:      Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:35:38 +0000
From:      Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, geek <arlogeek@lonetree.com>
Subject:   Re: I tried to install 7.0 today and had problems.

--=-XBdQikyB/4mzkbkt/lar

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 07:43 -0800, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 12:06:28AM -0700, geek wrote:
> > I tried to install 7.0 on a computer with an ABIT AV8 motherboard.  Thi=
s board=20
> > has an integrated NIC and the installer didn't find it.
>=20
> The board uses a native VIA NIC (never seen this one before myself):
>=20
> http://www.uabit.com/index.php?option=3Dcom_content&task=3Dview&id=3D32&I=
temid=3D48&page=3D1&model=3D175
> http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/116/vialan.jpg
>=20
> > This same machine works just fine with 6.2.
>=20
> What driver (interface name, e.g. vge, vr, etc.) gets loaded on 6.2?
> This could help determine where the regression is.
>=20

I used to use this board (well, AV-8 Deluxe) with 7-CURRENT (its sitting
in a cardboard box now), its a VIA VT6122, and worked fine with vge(4).
I'd have to cannibalise a number of systems to test it now though.

geek: does ``kldload if_vge; ifconfig vge0''not work for you? If not,
what does /var/log/messages say?

Tom

--=-XBdQikyB/4mzkbkt/lar

--=-XBdQikyB/4mzkbkt/lar--