Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:02:38 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?villoing=20florian?= <lonely_dwarf@yahoo.fr>
To:        Patrick Burnett <pb1170@charter.net>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Make commands

 --- Patrick Burnett <pb1170@charter.net> a écrit : >
Greeting fellow newbies and vaunted list monitors.

> I'm trying to find something, a tutorial or
> whatever, that accurately
> describes what options go along with the "make"
> command, ergo 'make all
> install clean' or 'make deinstall', et al.  All I'm
> finding are
> tutorials on how to build makefiles, which is good
> info, but not quite
> what I'm needing.
>
> Any tips??

Both things are related since a Makefile is a script
interpreted by the make program in which you specify
different targets such as "make", "make install",...
and what is to be done for each of them.

As you mentioned "make install", "make deinstall",
"make clean", I suppose you need information about how
to install ports. If this is the case have a look at
the handbook.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

> Thanks for the help,
> Pat