Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:57:19 -0800
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
To:        "Troy Settle" <st@i-plus.net>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 1/16/2000 make world success

>With the recent threads about crap failing...
>
>I cvsup'ed the evening of 1/16/2000, and built the world and installed it,
>and didn't  have a single problem.
>
>Actually, I can't remember the last time I had a failure that an immediate
>cvsup didn't fix.  And even that has been at least a couple years.

Troubleshooting rules-of-thumb:

1. If you have a problem in Windows, reboot...

2. If 'make world', kernel rebuilds, or ports break in FreeBSD, wait a
couple of hours and re-cvsup...

These two steps solve 99% of all computing problems in the known universe.
:-)

--Dan

**  The thing I like most about Windows 98 is...
**  You can download FreeBSD with it!