Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 2008 23:11:55 +0200
From:      "Sofian Brabez" <sbrabez@gmail.com>
To:        "Alexander Leidinger" <Alexander@leidinger.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is describing sysctl variables useful?

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Alexander Leidinger
<Alexander@leidinger.net> wrote:

>  Unfortunately this is not suitable for the SoC. Google wants code
> contributions, not pure documentation work. Maybe you can find something
> else you would be willing to do during the SoC. In case you haven't send
> multiple applications, feel free to send more than one.
>
>  Bye,
>  Alexander.
>
>  --
>  Goldfish... what stupid animals.  Even Wayne Cody stops
>  eating before he bursts.
>
>  http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
>  http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137

According with my submit proposal, it's not just concern a "pure"
documentation, but sysctl improvements. As Ivan said it, the sysctl
description are hardcoded in kernel source in C. That's why, during
this summer i would dive into sysctl(3) C architecture composed by
OID, MIB, tree and node sysctls to complete description, do code
cleanup and fix some bugs identified by XXX/TODO and new pr.

Moreover, i have proposed another little hack around lib fetch(3) to
be busy during all summer code period. Finally, i've got enough time,
i would take to ports some security applications (fuzzing, proxy) in
port tree.

I explain with more details my project on Google Web Application, the summary is
"sysctl improvements and python binding of FreeBSD libfetch library".

With this complementary informations, do you think this project it's
not suitable for Google summer code this year ?

Best Regards.

--
sbz