Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:11:43 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.rg.iupui.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: are there any *inexpensive* SBC with just the right features?

Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.rg.iupui.edu> wrote:

> in my quest for SBCs for some PicoBSD setup, I ran into difficulties.
> Most of these devices are pretty expensive to start with, some aren't
> even particularly small, and most are mis-fitted in terms of features.
> For my purpose of course.

     I, too, have been looking for small SBCs, and I've been
investigating the boards from Advantech (they're not really low-power
though):

	http://www.advantech.com

They've got an online store, and so they appear to sell to end-users
(but I've never ordered anything from them, so beware).

     They have a few boards that come close to your specifications.
However, note that the boards they have don't come with any RAM (you
have to install your own, but fortunately the RAM is standard SIMM/DIMM
stuff), and some don't come with any CPUs.  Some CPUs are also "5x86"s.
The prices range from the low $200s to $600 on up.

     If anyone's using any Advantech boards with FreeBSD, I'd like to
hear any stories.

     Thanks,

--
	Darryl Okahata