Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 1996 01:35:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
Cc:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pmap_zero_page and kmem_malloc panics

On Sat, 13 Apr 1996, David Greenman wrote:

> 1) The calculation didn't account for NMBCLUSTERS, so if a large number of
>    clusters was specified, it would leave little or no space for kernel
>    malloc.

    Yep, this definitely would be the case... as I mentioned, I've got
NMBCLUSTERS jacked up to 8192 on the Web/FTP machine since I've seen
it spike over 5000 several times.  BTW, does NMBCLUSTERS have to be a
power-2 number, or is that just "convention"?

>    I strongly encourage you to upgrade the affected machines to -stable.

    Thanks, David.  I will do so immediately.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internex Online Inc.