Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 1996 14:23:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP-compliant motherboards

> >> 	Where are the latest SMP sources/patches kept? The stuff on freefall
> >> is old (last time I checked).
> >
> > On Peter Wemm's machine.  We need to bug him, since he has some cool
> > stuff he's been threatening to commit for a while.  8-).
>
> Us mortals evidentally can't get to .../src on freefall.  If one wanted to
> start playing with the SMP stuff:
>
>  1: where could the patches be gotten?

SUP.  The smp stuff for /sys is exported as a SUP collection.  I FTP
it on a major revision to make sure my local work is not disturbed;
I could sup it and copy the tree instead of FTP'ing it, but I have no
reason to waste that much disk.

>  2: am I correct in believing that they could be applied to the latest
>      2.2-SNAP (possibly after supping to -current)?

They are a replacement -current /usr/src/sys directory, so yes.

>  3: is it stable enough to actually compile and run programs yet?

Again, I am typing from the machine now, so I'd say "yes".  I would
view it as experimental (but I view -current in the same light).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.