Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 19:45:51 -0500
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        "hardware@freebsd.org" <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: More K6 info...

> >2) Implement a "halt" like feature in the kernel configuration for the K6
> >(don't know if this is possible though)
>
>    We already do, but when the system is busy, you aren't halted very often,
> so the effect of this is minor.

So that sounds like a good way to break (cook) it: hack the halt out of a
kernel and watch it fail faster. Or maybe the failure is coming out of
halt...

Sounds like my forthcoming upgrade will not be an AMD K6. Am waffling
between Cyrix 6x86MX, Pentium (maybe MSX), and Pentium Pro 150 or 180. Any
recommendations for a FreeBSD-only system?

If I go socket 7 then Tyan Tomcat IV will most likely be my MB.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net