Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:55:30 -0700
From:      "Chuck Oppermann" <copperma@cisco.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: suspend/resume issues on ThinkPad T41 under 5.2.1-RELEASE

S4OS and and S5 both suspend, but I cannot resume (ie. opening the
laptop doesn't power up the box, and I've tried various key pressing
combinations, but nothing happens unless I press the power button).
<<

This is normal in my experience with BIOS-level power management and ACPI
under Windows with my ThinkPad X20 and T40.  Regardless of how it was
suspended, you have to press the power button to start up again.  Opening
the lid is not sufficient.

FYI, with 5.2.1-RELEASE, my T40 will not boot with ACPI enabled.  I'm still
working on it, so anything you learn; please continue to share with this
group!  Thanks!

---Charles