Date:      Mon, 31 May 2004 17:23:49 +1000
From:      Antony Mawer <fbsd@mawer.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: raid backup

On 31/05/2004 6:01 AM, Lewis Watson wrote:
> You can buy an external chassis for your hard drives along with the TX2000
> which provides the ability to hotswap the drives. I've been using the

Has anyone used any of the Adaptec SATA RAID solutions? I'm currently
looking at the 2410SA:

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/proddetail.html?prodkey=AAR-2410SA

which gives 4 SATA connections with hardware RAID5 acceleration. At the
moment I'm looking at one for personal use, but we're looking at
something similar for work in the next couple of weeks. I was planning
on getting the bundle with the enclosure:

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/proddetail.html?prodkey=AAR-2410SA_ENCL

which got a rather good review on a few sites I saw. Anyone had any luck
with these cards under FreeBSD (4.x or 5.x)?

Cheers
Antony