Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:08:03 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Cc:        stewart@mail.bedog1.net
Subject:   Re: Hi

On Nov, 20, 2003 "Andrew Kozak" <akozak@richardflanagan.com.au> wrote:

>Hiya Ed
>
>Best send this one of to -questions, there has been some heated debate over
>this issue in here this week :) Also, what is the problem you are having ?
>You will need to list your error log, let us know what's happening and the
>output of uname -a helps too. (we don't help out much in here, mostly cause
>we are all newbies and prolly will give the wrong advice anyway, even
>though
>all mails are answered with best intentions, the people at -questions are
>heaps more experienced than us at this stuff - this channel is mostly chat
>and sharing experiences)
>
>BTW, welcome to the community. It can be a little frustrating at first, but
>my experince has been - It's worth it. Great OS.
>
>Cheers
>Andy

Hi Ed,

First off, welcome to the community. We all (I'm sure) hope you're
pleased with the product and services offered by FreeBSD, and hope
you'll eventually become a member of the (our) community.

About sysinstall and the various XFConfig tools, they can be a pain
during that first install; once you get used to them, you'll be installing
on all sorts of hardware :). Of course, if you have a few months/years
free, you could update these tools. (Just kidding, mostly. If you really are
interested in such, there was a session on freebsd-hackers discussing
the problems and workable solutions a few months ago. Search the archive
here: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/ .)

Of course, as Andy pointed out, if you're hoping for technical support
you'll have to write -questions, and you'll have to include more info.
(Generally, you should send at least the full error from the command line
and any relevant text from the log.)

Bottom line: A Big Fat Welcome.

Peace,
Clayton Rollins

Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox.  Get MSN Extra Storage
now!  http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es