Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 18:44:16 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
Cc:        andyo@prime.net.ua, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mergemaster did nothing problem seems not problem

On Sat, 15 May 1999, Studded wrote:

> Yes, mergemaster has '/usr/src/etc' hardcoded into the script. Since it's
> a bourne shell script you could change that path if you want to, but the
> preferred solution is to make your source directory /usr/src. I suppose I
> could add an option to specify the source directory, but I've never had a
> request to do that. Anyone else think that this would be worthwhile? It
> wouldn't be hard to do at all.

I wanted to do this the other day - I have three checked-out trees on my
machine at the moment (3.2, 4.0 pristine and 4.0 + my local mods). It'd be
nice to be able to select between them without having to move symlinks around
or hack the script.

Kris

-----
"That suit's sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde witticisms that's been
rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into
someone's eye"
"Wow, that's sharp!" - Ace Rimmer and the Cat, _Red Dwarf_