Date:      Sun, 5 Sep 1999 18:44:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configuring PCMCIA NIC after it's loaded

On 6 Sep 1999, Eric Jacoboni wrote:

> My 3COM Etherlink III works well as ep0 with ppcardc but, its MAC
> address is ill regognized.
>
> To fix this problem, i've downloaded a utility to configure this
> address. Here what i need to do after booting and after ep0 is up :
>
> # ifconfig ep0 down
> # kldload /lkm/setmac.ko
> # /usr/local/sbin/setmac ep0 00:00:B4:00:00:00
> # ifconfig ep0 up
>
> I suppose it is possible to put all these commands in one init file,
> but i don't know what file... I've try to put these lines at the end
> of /etc/rc.pccard but without any effect :(

Try putting the commands in /etc/pccard.conf in an 'insert' line:

card "<MANUFACTURER>" "<CARD VERSION>"
	config <stuff goes here>
	insert kldload /lkm/setmac.ko
	insert /usr/local/sbin/setmac ep0 <blah>
	insert /etc/pccard_ether ep0

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,        |  claimed they were one, and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.