Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 02:45:45 +0200 (SST)
From:      Peter Olsson <pol@leissner.se>
To:        questions@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange error while trying to boot from 2.2-970422-RELENG-floppy

I get the Boot: prompt and then it starts loading the kernel
on the floppy. After a while I get the following:
"
Error: D:0x0 C:56 H:1 S:11
"

This line is repeated endlessly on the screen until I turn off
the machine. The diskdrive-LED is constantly on when these
messages scroll by. I can't hear any floppy activity.

Any ideas why this happens?

I'm sorry I can't give any details on the hardware I've got.
I'd have to open my computer for that and that would most
likely wake up my daughter and then I'll have to carry her
for the rest of this short night :)

It's a pentium 133 with 1 GB SCSI, 300 MB IDE, 32 MB RAM,
PCI-graphics, AVM A1 ISDN-card, D-Link DE530 PCI network-card.
Thats the detail level I can give right now. I'll be happy to
provide further details if anyone is interested.

Thanks for your time!

Peter Olsson    pol@leissner.se