Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:35:57 -0600
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Limiting icmp unreach response from 231 to 200 packets per second

	This is Martin McCormick again and it looks like those
who said that bind first got sick and caused the situation that
generated the ICMP slow-down are 100% right.  I had been
concentrating on the syslog file since the problem appeared to be
network-related and there just wasn't much there to look at in
the way of tracks, but I sure found tracks when I looked at the
named.log file.  Things had been going along quite busily with
the usual transfers and dynamic updates and then:

Jan 21 09:04:43.081 client 139.78.48.251#13631: no more TCP
	clients: quota reached

	That went on for a short time and then bind crashed.