Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 1996 13:12:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>
To:        scouch@io.org (Stephen Couchman)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iijpp STILL cannot talk to my modem :-((

Hi,

My sympathy for your trouble, I've been watching this thread for a couple
of days now without having anthing to contribute.  I hope you aren't
getting too frayed by this problem.

Stephen Couchman wrote...

> At 01:46 PM 12/31/95 -0500, you wrote:

[... stuff deleted ...]
> >	what are the messages when iijppp starts up?
> myhost # ppp myisp
> User Process PPP. Written by Toshiharu OHNO.
> Log level is 0b
> Using interface: tun0
> Interactive mode
> ppp on myhost> pass myhostpassword
> ppp ON myhost> show modem
> device: /dev/cuaa1  speed: 1200 [..rest deleted..]
                             ^^^^
Can this be right?  Could this be that your modem is not dealing with a 1200
baud signal from your serial port?  Try changing the 'set speed' line in your
ppp.conf.  Sounds trivial - but it's probably a really tiny problem.

[... rest deleted ...]

> -- Stephen

> Stephen Couchman    | scouch@io.org

Good luck!

John
--
Difficult conversations with great figures of history:
4. Ludwig van Beethoven