Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 1995 15:22:04 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        "Clay D. Hopperdietzel" <hoppy@appsmiths.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Minutes of the Thursday, April 13th core team meeting in Berkeley.

I have a strange suggestion.

How about a bake-off?

The next release of FreeBSD gets done in parallel by multiple teams.
Whomever has the best release at the end, as judged by an impartial
panel of BETA testers, gets to be the "official" one.

I'm not actually joking.  If 2-3 teams stepped forward, I'd more than
happily fire the starting gun!

God only knows, our own release strategy has certainly sucked.  Not
tremendously surprising when you stop to consider that FreeBSD has
always had all the people who TRULY HATE doing releases doing the
releases!

						Jordan