Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 95 12:52:53 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        mycroft@ai.mit.edu (Charles M. Hannum)
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, aledm@relay-europe.ps.net, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: DEC Alpha Multia

>    This is for the DEC AXP150.
>
>    An EISA machine with an Adaptec 1742 controller; there is
>    supposedly no X support, and a number of other problems.
>
> Uh, hello?
>
> 1) As far as I know, neither the machine Aled mentioned, nor the
> machine the original port work was done on have an EISA bus.  Perhaps
> you're thinking of the Linux port.

He said "APX" which I took to mean "AXP", since DEC doesn't have
an "APX" as far as I know.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Linux port (what I've seen of it)
is a pure PCI motherboard port.

> 2) If you want to know the state of that port, you should *ask*.  And
> don't ask me; I don't have much to do with it.

I was basing my statements on what I had been *told* after having *asked*.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.