Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 20:44:08 -0500
From:      "stark" <stark@jeamland.ca>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Licensing Question

> Why do you care?

If I'm trying to make an embedded platform then I have to make
sure that I'm not violating anything.

It's not a matter of not liking any particular license, or not
being willing to adapt to any license requirements so much
as I have to be fully aware of what those requirements ARE first....

> P.S.  Another question with an even more problematical answer is: who
> are the copyright owners?  Who owns something that is copyrighted in
> 1993 but has been continually modified by many ever since?  And who is
> "The FreeBSD Project" or "The FreeBSD Documentation Project"?

Now you see why I asked :)

Dana Lacoste
Ottawa, Canada