Date:      Mon, 03 Jan 2000 22:05:45 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml.ventu@flashnet.it>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELSA QuickStep 1000pro

Andrea Venturoli writes:
[snip]
>I also had to face userconfig, since I have a non PnP BIOS, ending up with the
>
>following (also at boot time):
>
>> Probing for PnP devices:
>> CSN 1 Vendor ID: ELS0133 [0x33019315] Serial 0x00011961 Comp ID: @@@0000
>[0x00000000]
>> isic0: ELSA QuickStep 1000pro (ISA)
>> isic0: ISAC 2085 Version A1/A2 or 2086/2186 Version 1.1 (IOM-2) (Addr=0x160)
>
>> isic0: HSCX 82525 or 21525 Version 2.1 (AddrA=0x10160, AddrB=0x20160)
>> isic0 (i4b_pnp <ELSA QuickStep 1000pro> sn 0x00011961) at 0x160 irq 3 flags
>0xd on isa
>
>I obviously set-up isdnd as stated in i4b's handbook.
>
>Now the problem is my ISDN card lays there doing nothing, the green LED which
>should light up to indicate that the card is sensing its connection to the
>U/V bus is off, and if I tell ppp to "dial" I get the following in
>/var/log/messages:

[log messages snipped]

Looks to me like the card does not really use irq 3. Just because the
driver says it's at irq 3 doesn't necessarily mean that it is. The
driver takes _your_ word for it.

The way the card is timing out supports my hypothesis, I think. It looks
like no interrupts are ever delivered.

Sorry, can't say more than that. I've never used this card.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@muc.de garyj@fkr.cpqcorp.net gj@freebsd.org