Date:      Sun, 6 Mar 2005 11:18:44 -0500
From:      marrandy <marrandy@chaossolutions.org>
To:        Idar Tollefsen <idart@performancedesign.no>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: alphaserver 4100 stops om boot

On Sunday 06 March 2005 10:16, you wrote:
> Bernd Walter wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 09:31:34PM -0500, marrandy wrote:
> > > Newbie alert.
> > >
> > > This is my first alphaserver 4100 experience.
> > >
> > > I have FreeBSD installed, but it stops during boot and I have to tell
> > > it where the boot partition is.
> >
> > Where exactly in the boot process does it stop?
>
> I suspect he means the SRM prompt...?

Yes.  That's it.  I don't have access to it till Monday.

I have to type in the drive code and then it will continue to boot.  Funny
thing is (from memory), it initially boots showing FreeBSD boot information
and then stops at the SRM prompt.  I'll update you Monday with better info.

Regards...Martin