Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 1995 02:42:48 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
Cc:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes), freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD trademark.

> To force FreeBSD USA Inc without a vote - Stinks;
> instead, house it under ISO or CCITT (or such), if you try to force
> FreeBSD Inc USA for a global role, you deny us all international credibility.

I'm sorry, but this just leaves me cross-eyed..  You can't possibly
sit there and tell me that "housing" ourselves under the umbrella of a
notoriously bloated organization like the ISO or CCITT is going to be
LESS work, now can you?

And you completely ignored my other points, which was that the
necessary INFRASTRUCTURE is here!

I'm sorry, you can yell and scream all you want, but HERE is where
most of the action in the computer field is.  Not London, not Berlin,
not Tokyo, not Sydney!  I've been elsewhere and I've SEEN just what
passes for infrastructure there, thank you!  I'm not saying it's BAD,
it's just not any kind of comparison to what we have here and it
simply makes no SENSE, Julian, to set up shop anywhere else..

If it makes you feel any better, I'd go to england if I wanted fish
and chips and ignore the poor imitations we have here.  Full marks to
each country for its particular specialty?  Certainly! :-)

					Jordan