Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2007 19:00:18 GMT
From:      Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/113793: STABLE fails to build on amd64

The following reply was made to PR amd64/113793; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,
 jrisom@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:31:23 -0500

 I believe I have discovered the cause of this.  After rebooting under a
 6.2-RELEASE generic kernel and rebuilding world inside a jail running
 the 6.2-RELEASE userland and getting the same problem, I knew there had
 to be some misconfiguration somewhere.  But to support testing a
 program that uses a shared library without installing it, I had
 LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to include '.' which seems to have caused the
 fault.  The make scripts don't do anything to ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH
 which causes 64-bit executables to try to use a 32-bit library in the
 present directory which fails.