Date:      31 Mar 2001 15:18:49 +0200
From:      Knut.Syed@nhh.no (Knut A. Syed)
To:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: How to find out version of BIND remotely??

Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com> writes:

> [...] does the "42" equal any thing special ?

No, 42 was just an example.  (Actually 42 is the answer to life, the
universe and everything.  But that is another story.)

> From the last few email I did the dig command and found that nhh.no
> is running:
>
> VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.2.3-REL"
>
> Does the "version "42"; make the output look like the above ?

No, options { version "42"; }; would make the output look like this:

VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "42"

~kas
--
Knut A. Syéd
Senior Executive Officer, Department of Information Technology