Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 18:06:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
To:        jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.*-stable sysinstall ... custom dist problems

> This should work as it always has; no change has been made to the code
> in question, nor have any additional size limits (or any other kind)
> been imposed.

Hmm, I'll try to play with it in a less hostile environment.  The obvious
workaround, to install just bindist and then go to the emergency shell
and do something like

ftp> get mydistro.aa "|tar --unlink -zxvf -"

works just fine, but I tried half a dozen variations using sysinstall
itself to retrieve the mydistro.aa named as bin.aa, and none worked.  I
was at first chalking it up to PCMCIA networking issues, but it broke
under PPP as well, and the PCMCIA stuff worked fine when I did the above
workaround.

I've been doing this with no problems since 2.1.0R days, so it really
caught me off guard..

I think I'll be putting this same distro on one of my kickaround boxes,
and it'll be a lot easier to experiment since I won't have to remember a
string of things I gotta type at the -c prompt.  :-)
--
... Joe