Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 1997 18:54:12 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mitsumi FX120 problem

Either my drive is bad or something else is wrong:

I tried to install from 2.2.1-RELEASE/floppies/newer/boot.flp
and have Mitsumi FX-120 as slave drive attached to a
VLB Eide controller where the Master drive is a 3.2 GB Quantum eIde.

wd0: 3067MB (3281856 secs)
wdc0: unit 1 (atapi): FX524T$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $/f07 $ $>,
removable,intr,dma,iordis

is roughly the output I'm getting from the probe. So far so good though
I believe the probe should look a bit friendlier - all the $s look a
bit like nonsense) but after the probing phase the clean clears
and a block cursor sits in the bottom left of the blanked screen
and everything is frozen.

When I remove the drive from the IDE bus the installation doesn't
freeze and continues with the installation menu.