Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 23:10:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        Steve Clark <darkstar@aei.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Create newbie site?

On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Steve Clark wrote:

> Hello everybody I am interested in building a complete newbie site to
> help the average user and complete beginner to the step over into
> FreeBSD. I am just wondering if the site would help and if it would be
> used by the general public.

Yes, it could be useful to the general public.  One of the things
that would be good is a kind of tutorial, or brief walk-through
of FreeBSD.  If you browse around www.FreeBSD.ORG, you will find
a number of assorted tutorials, etc.  These come from people like
you!

Many things are more general, and apply generally to UNIX.  These
are important too.  Wether you're thinking of a detailed document
or just a set of organized and maintained links to useful
information on the 'net, it can all find a place in the
project! :)

However, you will want to be careful that you do not duplicate
work.  I'm not familiar with what documents are already
available, etc.  You will definately want to talk to Annelise
Anderson <???>, because I'm pretty sure she has done signficant
work in this area.  You should probably subscribe to the
freebsd-doc list, which is also a good place to air interesting
ideas.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk