Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 95 18:44:20 JST
From:      Masahiro SEKIGUCHI <seki@sysrap.cs.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IGMP bug

>No, it is "The reference implementation of IGMPv2 doesn't implement IGMPv2".
>IGMPv2 only requires a single byte.

OK.  You know what is IGMPv2.  I don't.

I had no info other than sources for mrouted and kernel (igmp.*), both
of which were buggy on the point that they assumed the field is 2
bytes...

>Immediately before a new release strikes me as a
>wonderful time to report bugs.

Understood.

>>>Any volunteers to do testing?

>The SunOS kernel code is nearly done.  I can make the same changes to the
>FreeBSD-current kernel code, but cannot test it here

If the new code runs with old (3.3) mrouter, I can test the kernel
code on my machine (as a multicast-capable host, not as an mrouter.)
I could test mrouted, if I can get a free PC.

There are may SparcStations around here running SunOS 4 + 3.3
multicast kernel, so it will not be hard to replace it to 3.5
multicast and test interoperability of big endians and little endians,
if Sparc code is also available.