Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 18:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rocco Lucia <rlucia@iscanet.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/32828: w incorrectly handles stale utmp slots with jail

The following reply was made to PR bin/32828; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rocco Lucia <rlucia@iscanet.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, rlucia@iscanet.com
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:10:32 +0100

 I was wrong about assumptions and I didn't doublecheck before
 posting the PR. shame on me :)

 anwyay here's the corrected thing:

 How-to-Repeat
   1. log into the host machine and have your shell killed or disconnected (create a stale utmp record)
   2. log into the jail and manage to get allocated to you the tty just freed but who appears in the stale utmp record
   3. now issue the w command on the host system and you'll see the 'current process' for the stale utmp record being a process running in the jail.

 --
 Rocco Lucia - rlucia@iscanet.com      Iscanet Internet Services
 http://elisa.utopianet.net/~rlucia    System and Network Admin

 Free unices for a free world. Support *BSD.