Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 09:47:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN

daniel_sobral@voga.com.br wrote:

> Ok, I asked this on questions, even knowing it would hardly get answered
> there. If my memory isn't playing bad jokes upon me, I recall some people
> discussing here a new support to ISDN on FreeBSD. Does it work? What cards
> it supports? What chip sets?

Generally Siemens `dumb' chipsets.  They were very common in Germany
already, but it seems the Ascend Netwarp also uses them (plus the chip
for the NT, it seems -- not common here in Europe, since the NTs here
are provided by the Telcos).  Currently, only the protocols 1TR6 (old
German national) and E-DSS1 (European standard) are supported, work
for support of US protocols is underways as i understand it.

--
cheers, J"org