Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 12:24:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dug Song <dugsong@monkey.org>
To:        Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar@over.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH &  AllowHosts

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Tomaz Borstnar wrote:

> OpenSSH is nice, works fine, but I miss AllowHosts feature.

actually, AllowHosts/DenyHosts was specifically removed in favor of
tcp-wrappers LIBWRAP support, which provides a more standard interface for
access control. see hosts_access(5) for details.

> I know it can be done via packet filtering, but 100% compatibility
> with usual ssh would be nice. Anyone knows if this will be added?

OpenSSH intentionally deviates from the original SSH in many ways - see

	http://violet.ibs.com.au/openssh/files/UPGRADING

for a brief summary.

-d.

---