Date:      Sun, 08 Oct 2000 22:32:53 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Bill Woods mail <bwoods2@uswest.net>
Cc:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>, " FreeBSD-Current,     " <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: current.freebsd.org

I'm sorry, but BSDi's dead-alien based UPS (as described in that fine
documentary film "repo man") has been unreliable lately and the
machines haven't been staying up.  We've also been forced by the
silicon valley personnel crunch to hire a new system administrator
who's a little strange (he refers to himself as "Elvis Preston" and
makes odd little hip-thrusts at the system rack when he thinks nobody
is looking) and frequently missing, so the machines don't always get
rebooted properly when the DABUPS comes back up.  We regret the
inconvenience, etc etc.

- Jordan

P.S. Unbelievers also claim that both releng4.freebsd.org and current.freebsd.org
     are actually at USWest and totally outside the realm of BSDi's control, but
     you can't put too much trust in what they say.